Snowball is a hands-on program to apply data analytics and data science techniques to practical and meaningful problems. This is facilitated through the DATA Club’s leadership which provides guidance and training to students who participate in either the Snowball project or competition tracks.
Students are able to explore our project repository or come up with a topic they’re interested in exploring with data and are able to walk through our project pipeline with a mentor from the DATA Club to find datasets, complete analysis, and share their findings.
Students compete in a predefined challenge to understand datasets from our corporate sponsor that reveal information that the sponsor is interested in learning about. These projects will also have access to mentorship from the DATA Club and will be judged by a panel to determine prize winners.
Snowball meeting times: Wednesdays at 6PM EST
Zoom link: https://northeastern.zoom.us/j/96443088891
Snowball Project Track Timeline 2021 Spring
- January 27th – Club Intro Meeting
- February 1st – Snowball Proposal email sent out
- February 2nd – Snowball Intro Meeting
- February 10th – Snowball Proposal due
- February 12th – Snowball Proposal decisions out
- February 17th – Technical Workshop #1: Dataset Collection
- February 23rd -Technical Workshop #2: Intro to Tableau
- March 10th – Technical Workshop #3: Crash course into Marketing Analytics
- March 17th – Technical Workshop #4: Python Libraries workshop
- March 31st – Technical Workshop #5: Intro to sklearn